We had planned on getting up early to hit the road on Tuesday. All of us were so exhausted, and didn't even know it until we woke up at 8:30am. We did get to have a wonderful breakfast that was provided by the hotel.
We drove about 300 miles just to get to the State line. Then, it was another 500 miles to Omaha. We did it, but didn't get to Paul and Shelley Carter's house until a little after 1am(Central Time). We have now put 1500 miles on the truck in two days. We did hit a thunder and lightning storm that was really neat. We saw a beautiful sunset.
Over half way to New York now. It will be nice to have this behind us. Although we're still doing fine, and staying rested, it does not make it any shorter of a trip.
We plan on getting back on the road later tonight. Chicago is our next stop.
We drove about 300 miles just to get to the State line. Then, it was another 500 miles to Omaha. We did it, but didn't get to Paul and Shelley Carter's house until a little after 1am(Central Time). We have now put 1500 miles on the truck in two days. We did hit a thunder and lightning storm that was really neat. We saw a beautiful sunset.
Over half way to New York now. It will be nice to have this behind us. Although we're still doing fine, and staying rested, it does not make it any shorter of a trip.
We plan on getting back on the road later tonight. Chicago is our next stop.
7 comments:
Hey guys, it sounds like you are doing great and making fairly good time, but I bet it doesn't fell like that. It was probably for the better that you slept in though. Hope you are having a great time. Miss you.
Ok, this mom's heart was getting heavy! Glad to hear from you since the last we heard was last night when the phone went dead!! I knew you were probibly ok, but seeing is believing! Glad you will get to catch your breath and enjoy a visit with Paul & Shelly. Tell them HI for us. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Love,
Mom Warta
Read it! Liked it! It's not the same without pictures.
-Tim
I bet Mya loves the thunder storms like you do Jaime. I bet her little eyes light up when she hears the thunder and then sees the lighting. :)
We even had a little thunder showers ourselves here in Browns Valley early this morning. (I love thunder storms too).
When you have a email address I will send you photos thru snapfish like you have done for me in the past. I finally sent some for the first time to Kathy W. and your Aunt Lisa.
Keep trucking on,
Love Mom /(Brenda)
Hey guys,
It looks like you are making great time and how tired you all must be. Hope your visit with Paul and Shelly is good and that you take that chance to rest.
God Bless,
Ryan & Holly
Leah was able to get a hold of the Word of Life Missionaries for Buffalo. I wanted to pass their info along. Leah will be giving them a call with your new number. They're looking forward to connecting with you.
Thinking of you,
Casey
Rod and Jamie Whitney
716-822-1256 or 716-982-9326
RWhitney@wol.org
Hey guys I have enjoyed making the road with you. I've always enjoyed driving.You're like modern day pioneers.Like the others I miss all of you very!! much!! Matt hows the car dolly doing? Let me know.Well I need to hit the sack talk tomorrow.God Bless Love,Dad Warta
Post a Comment