We have been LOVING the weather! I don't think we've been above 75 degrees since we've been here, and some of the locals have been complaining about the heat! Funny. Tonight we are suppose to have thunder showers. I hope so! Today (Wednesday) the guy we are renting from gave us a tour of the area. Showed us pretty much everything we could possibly need to get around. Great news for those that will want to come and visit! We're only 5 minutes from the major airport here in Buffalo! We are just blocks away from an amazing park! It has all the regular slides and swings, plus a huge water park for small children. On our walk there and back, we've had some of the new neighbors come and introduce themsleves. We can't believe how friendly everyone is! I just got inside from meeting our neighbors directly behind us. They knew we were new here because of "this huge dog in the yard, and some pregnant lady". They are both music teachers at a school nearby, and the best part... they're our age. New friends! A couple days ago, I had to laugh when I told Matt that a woman said she didn't notice my "baby-bump" when she first talked with me. I have NEVER heard that term! This is turning out so well, it's almost too good to be true. I keep waiting to wake up back in California, not even having left! I almost forgot to post a photo of the house. At this point, it's not much for looks, but we plan on adding some color and making it look more inviting. Looks tiny from the outside, but it is two story, with a very large basement. It will be perfect for us until we find a home to purchase.
For this God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Niagara Falls
We have been LOVING the weather! I don't think we've been above 75 degrees since we've been here, and some of the locals have been complaining about the heat! Funny. Tonight we are suppose to have thunder showers. I hope so! Today (Wednesday) the guy we are renting from gave us a tour of the area. Showed us pretty much everything we could possibly need to get around. Great news for those that will want to come and visit! We're only 5 minutes from the major airport here in Buffalo! We are just blocks away from an amazing park! It has all the regular slides and swings, plus a huge water park for small children. On our walk there and back, we've had some of the new neighbors come and introduce themsleves. We can't believe how friendly everyone is! I just got inside from meeting our neighbors directly behind us. They knew we were new here because of "this huge dog in the yard, and some pregnant lady". They are both music teachers at a school nearby, and the best part... they're our age. New friends! A couple days ago, I had to laugh when I told Matt that a woman said she didn't notice my "baby-bump" when she first talked with me. I have NEVER heard that term! This is turning out so well, it's almost too good to be true. I keep waiting to wake up back in California, not even having left! I almost forgot to post a photo of the house. At this point, it's not much for looks, but we plan on adding some color and making it look more inviting. Looks tiny from the outside, but it is two story, with a very large basement. It will be perfect for us until we find a home to purchase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Cute house, guys! I am so happy to hear that you are already meeting so many new people. Jaime, I feel for you. Not many woman, who are 6 mo. pregnant, would have made it this long sleeping in unfamilar beds; especially on an air mattress. Hopefully, your possessions come quickly so that you can begin to make your house a home. We miss you guys!
well jaime we had bunco tonight and we sure missed your smiley face. you guys sound andlook like you are doing sooo well. I so happy for all the great news; house, church, friends, you have to find some game buddies to have in ny!! we miss you. hope the good news continues to bless you everyday. I love your new house and I am sure you will make it a "home" very soon. keep up the great pictures I really enjoy them. post them on snapfish I may order some for my house. I would love to look at your photos everday. take care
christy
Adorable house. Of course the first thing dad see's is the slopped roof...... that means there's alot of snow!! You'll have to give us a picture tour inside when you get settled. I agree with Christy, please snap fish your pictures, including sceenry pictures, your's are always good enough to frame! Matt I'm glad to here that you were able to find a place that will allow you to have Gus. Gus has been looking forward to living in the cold weather for a long time! I know I should be excited that everything is going so well.....but I have to be honest, I don't want it to go too well, for fear you may never return to us here! Yes, I'm praying that you will have "RECORD" snow this year in Buffalo, New York! Watch the snowfall this year everyone! I serve an awesome God! Mya, we got a post card from your Sunday School class you visitied on Sunday! I will send it in the package! Gramamma is still watching the moon every night! Have a good nights rest! Hugs & kisses
Love,
Mom, Gramamma Warta
P.S. Matt, we can't click on the family picture in front of the sign to read it. We can click on the others and they enlarge....we want to read the sign!
Love,
Mom Warta
Your new home is so adorable! It reminds Tim and I of our house on Franklin...a little doll house. We had some good times there as I'm sure you guys will.
Casey
Mom, I am working on the picture issue. We haven't done anything different when we upload them. It is really strange why some will enlarge, and others won't. I will figure it out eventually.
Hey guys, great to hear you are being treated to good ol' midwesterners hospitality. If you enjoy the weather now, wait til fall you will love it. We are so happy things are going so well. We know God is in it. Zeke says hi and he is looking forward to the day when he can enjoy a good hot wing with his cousin Mya. Miss you guys and are so happy for you!!
hey guess looks like ur settling in the well one year and ill be up there for college and ill get tto see the lil baby its great that you live close to an airport so we can go visit some time and matt can get him into that kite surfing well miss tons tell mya i love her
Aunt Kate
WOW!!! God has blessed us all in hearing how HE has directed each step of the way you have gone since leaving California.
I hope everyones life has grown a little closer to GOD due to your move to New York. (mine has)! I think GOD may have had to get another "phone line" just for all the PRAYERS GOING UP AT ONCE. :)
Thank GOD we don't get a "busy signal" when we call HIM.
Month to month with a rental agreement is great. Sounds like all is going well for everyone.
Mya looks beautiful as usual.
0 X O X O X
Love and Prayers, Mom (Brenda)
I am so glad you met up with the Whitney's I hope they could help you guys out. Your house is adorable. It is nice to know that you guys feel right at home there.
Leah
Post a Comment