Monday, July 23, 2007

Delirious?

Today did prove to be busy, but in a good way. We got a lot of things accomplished. It feels great! After our post from this morning, we all went on a nice walk. It was pretty cool outside! Our high today was 76 degrees. When we took our walk, it was somewhere between 60 & 65 degrees, with cloud cover and a light breeze. I was able to get a full family shot... Gus included. Mya had the most fun just pushing her stroller around.





Later on, Mya helped me get some laundry done. There was a soda machine in the same room as the washer and dryer. She would put her small bear in it with a blanket and tell it goodnight. Really sweet.


Mya went shopping with daddy at good-old Wal Mart, while I went to a local bank to set up an account in this area.

Matt was told by the manager of the hotel that our dog was intimidating to some of the guests, evn though he was tied next to the truck, and requested that we bring him into our room. I couldn't believe it! Mya was all excited about that!

We scheduled an appointment with someone to view a potential house that was for rent. It was a total answer to prayer. Matt told him the situation we were in, and even with having the dog, and he didn't think twice about anything. We now have a home, and to our surprise, once again a blessing, we get the house month to month, leaving us the option to buy a home when we know the area a little better. God is great! Thank you all for the prayers you sent up on our behalf. This is and of itself has been the greatest part of the day!

Our address is: 50 Lindbergh Ct., Buffalo, NY 14225

We came back to our hotel, and got settled for the night.... with the addition of Gus to the room. Cozy! Tomorrow we move in to the house with the items we traveled with. The rest will be a week or so behind.

8 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Congrats on the new home! It's an answer to prayer for all of us. Can't wait to see pictures of it. Thanks for keeping the blog updated...we all love it.
Casey

Anonymous said...

What a great blessing, all of it, even Gus being allowed in the room, all of it is wonderful and because of God. God has sent everything into a perfect line, even before you decided to move, He was ready for you.

Proudfoot Family said...

glad to hear about the house. firtchance to check the blog since thurs. i'm typing 1 handed cause zeke's hungry. i'll go for now but we'll be in touch. love ya.
joe, sarah & zeke

Proudfoot Family said...

glad to hear about the house. firtchance to check the blog since thurs. i'm typing 1 handed cause zeke's hungry. i'll go for now but we'll be in touch. love ya.
joe, sarah & zeke

Brian and Angela said...

Brian laughed so hard about Gus being asked to sleep in the Hotel. After a stressful day of Captain's testing he needed a real good laugh. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on your new home. I bet you guys are so very excited. I can't wait to see pictures! Take care.
Love you lots!
Angie

ashlie said...

That is so great to hear!
What an answer to prayers!
We are loving seeing new pictures and hearing our daily news from you guys!
love you all!
ash.

Loren and Kathy said...

GOD IS GOOD! Great news about the house, I'm sure Gus will be disappointed after such a wonderful "family night" in the hotel. Make sure you let housekeeping know if you go somewhere and leave gus in the bathroom! I'm sure they see everything but I think that would be a bit much! Matt, I have been able to click on the pictures that you post and it enlarges them (I'm not sure if other people realize that they can do that) but tonight it only enlarged the big one. I couldn't enlarge the family shot. Did you do anything different, I want to feel like I can touch you! If you can fix it, please do. Have a good nights sleep, talk to you in the morning.
Love,
Mom, Grammama Warta

Ryan & Holly said...

We are so very glad to see that you have found a home and so quickly. God is good! We are so jealous of your good weather and we can't wait to see the pictures of your new house. Let us know if there is anything specific that we can pray for and we hope that everything goes even better than you planned. God Bless you all!