Monday, July 16, 2007

Wyoming





Matt drove into Wyoming a little before 3pm. We have put almost 700 miles on since yesterday. What a long drive! All three of us are still enjoying ourselves. I'm thankful for that. We were wanting to make it to Cheyenne, Wyoming before staying in a hotel, but when we realized it was nearly 500 more miles, we decided to pick a closer place. We came into Rock Springs around 5pm and decided to stay for the night. We couldn't belive how busy all the hotels were for a Monday night. We went to 5 or 6 different places that were completely booked out for the week before finding one with a vacancy. Apparently, there is a big oil boom going on that is bringing a lot of people from all over the U.S. to work here. Who would have thought? It's not a very big town here.

15 comments:

matt and christy said...

wow!!
you guys are champs. great photos and journaling. drive careful. i love checking this. it is sooo cool. I feel like you are not far away like your still in the next town over.its a great way to keep in contact. good job.
christy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I agree with christy that you do fell like you are alot closer than you are. I hope you are having a great trip, we miss you alot back here. Well, I will talk to you lator.

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

DITTOS
This is really, really, cool!!! I've been taught a new thing with the computer.
"Thanks" for helping me learn new things in todays times of the "computer world". :)

Thanks for all your efforts you both put into this site, for us, the family members and friends

Keep truckin on, Mom (Brenda)

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

OH YEAH MATT,

You are still looking good, even after a long long drive. (BUT...
then again, when have you ever NOT looked good?
What can I say, "I have a GOOD LOOKING SON-IN-LAW"!!!
Keep smiling!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you guys are blogging!! I can't wait for more updates! =]

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

I can hear Mya saying, "Cheese!" Glad to hear the trip is going well. Look forward to your next post.

Brian and Angela said...

Great photos guys. This is so cool! I feel like I am taking a vacation with you. Hailey and Keagan are getting a mini geographic lesson, as well. We will have to purchase a world map so that they can continue to follow your travels. Be careful! We love you all!

Loren and Kathy said...

Great job journaling! We are all traveling across America with you. My favorite picture is Mya sleeping in the car seat. I just want to "hug" her! Tell her to look for the moon every night because grandma will be looking at it too, and thinking of her! Gus looks the most tired, don't work him so hard! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
Tons of Love!
Grandma Warta

Proudfoot Family said...

Okay so we do love you and have been thinking about you, we've just been away from the computer for the last 24 hours. Seeing your pictures reminds me of all of our adventures. I have to agree with Matt about the salt flats of Utah, they were so very disappointing! Keep the pics coming I love reliving this with you guys!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

To Mya:
Hey kiddo so i have noticed a pattern developing that mommy and daddy are the only ones getting the comments so i thought i might send you one and remind to you that i miss you sooo much and i see you on my computer every morning and pray for you to have a safe day and fun and try and find some more of those animals while your driving like we did in the zoo wes is following this too and says he misses all you guys alot (special enphasis on matt) and landon over for the day so you wanted to leave a note for his mymy today:fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffghgfielkjf... well love you guys miss you have a great day
love
Auntie Kate

Sandra 7 said...

This site is so nice. It's great to be able to make the trip with you! (and you don't even have to listen to me complain that "It's Toooooo COLD in this vehicle!" : ) Love you guys much! SAFE TRAVELES! Please give Mya kisses for me!

Much Love
Sister~Aunt~Sandra

Megan said...

Hey there Warta family-
This blog stuff is really neat! I am enjoying viewing pics and reading about your trip. I am glad you are making good progress. Be safe and remember we miss you!
Love,
The Cantrells

Megan said...

Hey there Warta family-
This blog stuff is pretty neat! I am enjoying viewing your pics and reading about your trip. Mya looks like quite the trooper! I am glad you are making good progress. Be safe and remember me miss you! (If this comment posted twice sorry.... I was having "issues" finguring out how to post this!)
Love,
Meg, Tony and Ava

Jaime said...

I forgot to mention a few things in the previous notes. Just outside of Salt Lake, when we were taking the pictures of Gus, Matt and Mya, when Gus was getting out of the truck, he ripped one of his nails out from his paw. We're still not sure how he did it. He seems to be okay. We're keeping an eye on it. Matt was telling Gus, "Poor guy. I'm sorry buddy." So you know what we heard from Mya the next several hours. Same exact phrase.
Mya wanted to thank Grandma and Grandpa Warta for her necklace. She really likes it, but not as much as mommy likes it. It was very thoughtful and meaningful.
We drove by a field with rolled hay bails as the sun was starting to set, and although I was dissappointed to not get a photo, I thought I would share with you... there must have been between 50 and 60 deer grazing. I have never seen such a thing.
Mya has been having fun with Hunter. She is going to like being a big sister. Today, Paul and Shelley took us around the area, and Mya got to sit by Hunter in the car. She thought that was really neat.

matt and christy said...

hey guys
sadie did the exact same thing with her nail in oregon. only it was her dew claw. it got better after it completly fell the next day. hope it gets better. enjoy the scenery. we miss you and drive safe.