Thursday, August 30, 2007

Watercoloring



We've been busy putting the house together. Matt has done a great job with helping me. It's coming together, it just takes time. This evening we were winding down, and I came across some watercolors I thought Mya might like to try. She made a beautiful picture! I bet she worked on it a good half an hour. After making her masterpiece, she decided to see how it worked on her fingernails. It was straight to the bath after that! She also was playing with her baby doll today. I was scrubbing the tub when I heard her say her baby had to go potty. I turned around, and Mya is seated on a step stool, holding her bare-bottomed baby over the toilet. She was saying, "Baby going potty. Good dob! All done?" I'm watching Mya, as she gets up off the step, lays her baby on her back, grabs toilet paper, and just wipes and wipes the baby clean. So cute! Enjoy the pictures.

12 comments:

Ryan & Holly said...

Matt & Jaime,
I must say that your house is so cute! I love the way you decorated the dining room. So classic and beautiful. It is looking so comfy and cozy. It almost makes me wish I was there!

Loren and Kathy said...

Mya,
Grammama & Pappa love your art work! Would you make some pictures for us to hang up? And the nails, I always wondered what blue would look like! Matt & Jaime the house is adorable! Doesn't it feel great? And now you start another chapter, moving closer to the next big event....new baby! Everything is sounding great. Loved to hear that you were also making new friends. Cant' wait to meet them when we visit in Dec. Give Mya a hug! Love ya tons!
Love,
Mom, Grammama

Loren and Kathy said...

Mya,
Grammama & Pappa love your art work! Would you make some pictures for us to hang up? And the nails, I always wondered what blue would look like! Matt & Jaime the house is adorable! Doesn't it feel great? And now you start another chapter, moving closer to the next big event....new baby! Everything is sounding great. Loved to hear that you were also making new friends. Cant' wait to meet them when we visit in Dec. Give Mya a hug! Love ya tons!
Love,
Mom, Grammama

Loren and Kathy said...

oops, last post printed twice, sorry!
Maya, did you see the big moon tonight? It was very orange and looked almost like a pumpkin. It's called a "Harvest Moon", or sometimes gramamma calls it a "Charlie Brown Moon". I was thinking of you!! Luvs & hugs!
Gramamma Warta

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Hello,
Now that Mya is teaching her baby good toilet habits, is she setting the example herself? :)
Tell Mya she can paint a picture for PaPa Joe, he would love one.

The house is looking great. Thanks for sharing your photos with everyone.

Time is NOT going fast enough for us to come and see all of you.
I guess we'll have to be patient.

Until next time, Dad and Mom Luna

Summer said...

Matt, Jaime, & Mya,
Oh my goodness! I haven't talked to you guys in so long! You guys are incredibly brave to make such a huge move. I'm glad that you are happy and enjoying your new place. Mya is getting so big! Hope to hear from you soon.
With Love,
Summer & David

Brian and Angela said...

Mya,
I love your paintings. Hailey used to paint her fingernails with her watercolors, too. Sometimes the paint turned into lipstick. Your bedroom is so very pretty! I love how you take such good care of your baby doll. I love you.
xoxo,
Aunt Angie

Brian and Angela said...

Matt & Jaime,
Your house is absolutely beautiful. I bet it feels much more like a home. Isn't it funny how the master bedroom is the last room in the house to be completed? It will come in time and before you know it will be occupied by an additional body. I pray that you will all enjoy the next few days with Matt being home.
We love you all so much!
Angie

Brian and Angela said...

Dear , Mya you are taking good care of your baby . and you did a good job painting your fingernails. I love you and miss you. love, cousin Hailey

Brian and Angela said...

mat and jame, miu oxoxoxox I luv u mat,jame, miu. and I hope you hav a good evning.
hop u hav all good daz.
luve Keagan

Proudfoot Family said...

We're so glad to hear things are coming together. The house is really cute. Good luck at work. God bless,
The Proudfeet

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

The house looks great! Home Sweet Home!
Love,
Casey