
We have hit a couple yard sales in the past week. It's funny, they are so different back here! Some advertise 12 noon-7pm, and we have not found a single one that starts before 8am. Most don't begin until 9:00 or 10:00am. That's the way it should be done, in my opinion. The other funny thing.... they go on Thursday's and Friday's. If you wait until Saturday, most all the stuff is

gone! We learned after the first week. Today, we were running errands and came across a yard sale with a Little Tykes climb and slide toy. It was a little faded, but other than that, in great condition. They only wanted $7.00. I would have paid $20. If we were in California, we would have had to bargain for that! We (Mya, Matt and I) cleaned it up, and put it together in no time at all. Mya loves it! Last week, we picked up a cute little wooden stroller for Mya. She has such a fetish with

the strangest things. If it were

up to here, she would never turn down getting more strollers. Matt found a neat antique (I think it's antique) wash board. I will eventually get to include it in my decor for the laundry room.
6 comments:
HOW NEAT!!!!!
I'm sure Mya will love to play on her new slide. I know how much she LOVES to climb on things.
Tell her, Gumma says, "BE CAREFUL".
GOD is good!!!! Isn't it great how HE will bring nice things into your life, and BEST of all... for a "great price". I LOVE GREAT DEALS. They definitely bring a BIG SMILE to my face.
You know Grandma Dorothy's middle name should be "yard sale" or "garage sale". (lol)
One of her most favorite things to do in life.
Sounds like "life" back in Buffalo is a slow pace. That's a good thing I think.
I will be in Prayer for Matt and his job opportunities, No matter where he works, I know he will be a GREAT employee. ;)
Have a great week-end, until next time, GOD BLESS, much love, Mom/Brenda/Gumma
Hey guys,
just checking in on how things are going for you. I love reading all the family outings and the sweet little things that Mya has said. She really is developing quite a personality isn't she. We are keeping Matt's job hunting in our prayers and we know that God always hears it when we pray! God bless you all and please continue to keep us posted. Have a great week!
We had Zeke's "Welcome Party" tonight and we all missed you guys so much. It's not the same when we get together.
Missing you in CA,
Casey
Great deals, guys. You're right, in CA you would have payed a lot more. I can tell by the pictures that Mya is beginning to growl or at least make loud noises with her mouth. Don't worry Bethany started doing it about a week after Casey told me that it was Landon's new thing. I just love it when that noise is made at me while I am correcting Bethany. It is just SO cute, NOT! Talk to you soon!
Hey Guys,
I'm back at work and having a hard time keeping up with everything. I do plan on getting a blog started real soon though. That stroller you are talking about is quite impressive. Looks to be quite old. Did you research it a little Matt? It will be nice going to garage sales on the east coast, things can truly be quite old!! Keep that in mind! Glad to hear you got your furniture and the job situation is looking great! Katelynne and Wes are very excited about spending New Years Eve with you in New York! We sure did miss you at Zeke's shower. It felt like only half of the family (even though everyone exept you guys was there!) I feel like a sheppard looking for her lost lamb! Give Mya a BIG hug!
Love you tons!
Mom, Grammama Warta
Post a Comment