While Cody was here, near the end of his stay, Mya's kitty was hit by a car. Cody and I saw the cat on the side of the road as we were taking the girls to a farm for the day. My heart sank, knowing how much the girls enjoyed that cat. Matt saw "Bo" on the road as he was coming home from work, and picked him up. He didn't know that I was already aware of it. Matt told me that he had been passing by a house with "Kittens" written on a sign, near our house. The next day, we had a new kitten! I was a bit surprised, considering that it was just suppose to be a "look", then we'll talk about it. He said that it was the last kitten, and it looked so much like the last one, that he had to get it. I was very happy to know it was only 6 weeks old. Last summer when we got our cat, it was near 10 weeks. He brought Mya outside and explained what had happened to Bo. She was mostly concerned with who did it, why, and what color the car was. Then he said that he got her something, and there was the new kitty. It was love at first sight. Poor kitty was tackled by two little girls, and was cuddled until his eyes about came out. Kisses (name Mya has picked) has adjusted well, and we are quite the family again.
Before I end, I should mention a little something else. Matt, Mya, Cody and Emily buried Bo in our backyard while I was away on a Women's Retreat. When I came back, Mya told me what they had done, and she said that if her and Emily water kitty, it might make him all better! I had to laugh at the innocence of the thought, and then explain that kitties aren't like flowers. Aww, the simplicity of children's mind's. Then to think..... that is what I am suppose to have!
4 comments:
love the new addition, sad as to why you got her. have fun!
I love reading your blogs they are always so encouraging! God is doing amazing things in your family life! Cody shared the cat story with me........I loved the part where Mya wanted to water the cat so it could grow........oh if life would be so easy! Cody had a great time @ your home, you always make him and myself feel sooooo special! luv u tons!
Mom Warta
What a sad story. It sounds like you have an investigator on your hands.
I'm so sorry to hear about BO. Bo had a good personality. I hope the new kitty will bring a lot of joy to the girls lives.
Post a Comment