Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer Fun

Wonderful water balloons! Why does it take forever to fill and tie them? Why are they gone as soon as you blink? Besides the amount of time you spend filling them up just right, it's a pretty simple, yet VERY FUN activity for the kids.
I thought I would teach Mya how to fill her own water balloons. The theory was good, but in reality, it didn't work. I had to put the balloon on the hose. in a matter sof seconds, she was telling me, "It's big enough! Hurry, hurry, take it off before it breaks!" Then of course I have to tie them, and on goes the cycle. They did end up finding it fun to just sqirt eachother and drink from the hose. It was a good day! Soon, very soon, our summer will be over. We are looking forward to fall and winter again. The joys of living in New York! We love all the season changes.

1 comment:

Brian and Angela said...

The nice thing about water balloons is that the lawn mower does suck them out of the grass, so hey, the clean-up is easy.