Sunday, August 16, 2009

Becker Farms with Cody

This farm is approx. 10 minutes away from our house. Ther is no parking fees, no admition fees, nothing! Just pure and simple...free, fun. They have so many animals to look at and feed, as well as a park area for the kiddos to run and explore. Emily was extreamly fond of the chickens. Where there was a chicken, you would soon find an Emily in tow, running after it. She ran and chased those chickens all over the place! At the end, in frustration, she yelled and decided that she wouldn't win the battle of catching one. We moved on the the llama's.

Trying to keep up with big sister. Emily's a trooper. Mya can be very helpful at times.
I forgot about this, until I saw the picture. This was day three, I believe, of Mya having a pulled neck muscle. That poor little girl had never been in so much pain. It's tough on mommy too! She would wake up in the mornings crying. I would tell her to lay still. She had two full days of movie watching, with a hot pad on her neck. Do you have any idea how impossible it is to tell an active 4 year old that they can't move?! I hope we don't have to go through that again any time soon. It was quite a sight once she got used to it. She realized she had to hold her neck still. She ran and played like normal, however, she had the very obvious neck kink.

1 comment:

Brian and Angela said...

That is the strangest thing. I have never heard of that happening to such a young child. Poor thing. I am glad to hear that her neck has healed.