Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm Ready!

...ready to have my Mya back!

After having family here for Thanksgiving, we did a last minute decision to send Mya to California with Grandma and Grandpa. We knew it would be for almost two weeks. This was Mya's second long stay in CA without mom and dad. She does very well! There is plenty of family to visit, and my mom and dad are very good about making the drives so that everyone gets the chance to visit with her. It has been a week and a half almost, and we are really missing our little one! Poor Emily had a very hard time the first several days. She would ask constantly, "Sissy?" Even on Sunday when we got to church, "Sissy?" We are anxiously awaiting her return.

I will try and post photos tomorrow of what the family of 3 has been doing. One thing is for sure... it is MUCH more quiet with Mya gone. Emily takes after her daddy. She is one of few words. Mya is the complete opposite.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow! That is a long time.... I am sure that you will truly enjoy reconnecting with her once she is home! :)

Brian and Angela said...

My was so cute the first time I saw her. She told me that she thought our baby was already born. When I showed her my growing belly she said, "OH!". I explained to her that the next time she got on an airplane and came to California she could meet her new boy cousin. She ever so gently reached out to my belly with one of her dainty fingers and said, "My mommy said to get 'a little touch' for her." Oh how precious those words were to me. The next time I saw her she asked again if I had my baby. I think this time she was disappointed to see my large belly. Have a GREAT Christmas!