The girls and I are pleased to announce that we will be having daddy home for 6 full days! Matt had to use some vacation days up before the end of the year. What a special time to have it all around Christmas! We are thrilled! Now, we're just praying that we can have some heavy snowfall in the next couple days. To be snowed in would be a dream come true! No where to go.... why not? We'll be taking pictures of our times together. I'll do my best to get them up in a timely manner. Still have photos to post from several months ago. It's a bit overwhelming when you have several hundred to go through.
I am hoping that everyone is enjoying the holiday season. I hope that everyone is remembering to breathe deeply and slow down. I was running a few errands today in town, and I was amazed and saddened at how crazy, fast and rude people are this time of year. Are they any happier? Do they really get any more done than if they were relaxed and courteous to others? I think not. Be different. I try my best to do the opposite of what everyone else does. Sometimes I stick out like a sore thumb. But.... how cool to be noticed for my lack of hurry. I try to live out putting others first. If I want to show my children how to live, I must live it myself. I hope they learn from my example.
Until I post more.... Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
2 comments:
jaime
you are such a sweet and caring person! i am blessed to know you. i too try to not rush and smile at people, sometimes they act surprised but a smile can really brighten someones day! Merry Christmas, i really enjoyed talking to you the other day, lets do it more often!
This is our first Christmas since being parents that we are relaxed and let me tell you...it feels so good! I have spent the past 2 months preparing for the unexpected and it didn't come, but boy are we going to have a peaceful Christmas. Hopefully we can repeat this next year! Merry, Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment