Monday, December 14, 2009

Dare to Dream

I haven't been all that busy. For some reason, those words kept coming to my mind. "Peace. Be still. Peace. Be still." I am realizing that peace is near impossible to have if I am not having "stillness". I cannot have stillness without taking out the business. I know this, yet I do not practice it. I pay in so many ways.

Christmas is quickly approaching. The celebration of Christ's birth. As I am reminded of the story told in the Bible, I find a new appreciation for the meaning of His birth. To imagine... Christ, King of the Universe.... being placed inside a tummy for nine whole months. It was God! Confined in such a tiny place! No wonder the heavens rejoiced at His birth! What a wonderful Savior. To go through all He did. To understand fully what humans go through.

I am struggling greatly to slow the pace of my life. To be still. To rest. I am trying to fully understand that my meaning and importance is not in what I DO. My meaning and purpose comes only from BEING in Him. I often wonder why there is such a struggle. I feel that I have to do everything (or TRY to do everything, I should say). I run around in circles until I am dizzy. I accomplish nothing. Nothing, unless I focus on serving others and meeting needs. So many times I get so caught up in "my" life, "my" world, that I forget that life is not all about me. Life is about reaching others. I can't do that when I stay inside my home all the time.

A new year is approaching. I want to learn what it is to live beyond myself. I want to care for others more deeply than myself. I know there will be blessings in committing to such a thing. Of course, it can only be done with His strength. He is able! Will anyone else dream with me? Let's change the world! Let's show love like they've never seen. I dare you.

1 comment:

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Yes, I will be in prayer for both of us on how God will work in both of our lives.