We had the privilege of watching three kiddos over night, so that their parents could have a date night, and also get the chance to sleep in the next day. It was so much fun! We began the evening by having a pizza contest. That was between Matt and I, but the kiddos were the judges. Admittedly, Matt won the contest. Even I had to vote for his pizza. We then did a camp fire, after the two babies went to bed. It made it a little more special for the "big kids". Mya and Gracie were so cute! While Charlie was helping Matt get the camp fire started, the girls were making the sleeping preparations, all on their own. They laid out the blankets.... making sure there were no wrinkles or bumps, and neatly placed pillows in the proper spots. Of course, Mya had to be in the middle, so that Charlie and Gracie could BOTH sleep by Mya. Once Matt and I tucked the bigger kids in bed, we started a movie for ourselves. Two hours later, we could STILL hear Mya and Charlie talking like crazy! It was cracking Matt and I up! They just couldn't stop! Finally, nearly 11pm, we heard silence. That will be a night to remember, with a smile on my face. Mya was up the usual time the next morning, but all the other children slept in. I was grateful, seeing how late they were up. We look forward to our next adventure with them.
A funny thing that was said when they were over: Charlie begins to panic, and call Gracie, telling her, "Gracie! Stay over here! You're gonna get lost!" Then he tells Matt, "I think we should turn around before we go to far, or we won't be able to find our way back." Matt told me, and we died laughing. We were just playing in the back yard. Guess to a child, it could see
m rather big.
The next day, Matt began the task of cleaning out our pool. He did a fantastic job! The girls were SO EXCITED! We can 't wait to start using it, and sharing it with all our friends.
1 comment:
These are the days. Bethany wakes up like clock work each morning, too; rested or not.
Post a Comment