Saturday, June 13, 2009

Simply Fun













































Our first camp-out of the year.... not far from home. We wanted to make our Friday night special, and out of the ordinary. We pulled out some camping stuff and decided to "camp" in our backyard. We had a nice fire, caught fireflies, a frog, and Mya and daddy enjoyed some bottle rockets and sparklers. It was a fun filled evening, for awhile.

Emily has been running a high fever for several days. Nights have been horrible. She has been waking up, crying inconsolably, about every hour or two. This never happens with my children. Friday, I took her to the doctor, and now know she has a terrible ear infection. First one we've had since I've been a mother. No fun!!! I feel for all you parents that have to go through it. Anyway, we all fell asleep in the tent, but were awakened to Emily's screaming. We couldn't calm her down, so daddy took her inside the house. Mya and I slept all night out in the tent. It was nice seeing all the stars, and hearing all the insect noises, but one slight..... problem?..... it was VERY moist air. All our blankets felt damp, and made it a bit chilly. I was determined to not go in the house though. Mya and I ended up in the same bed, snuggling to keep warm. We like to snuggle regardless. We made it to the morning! Mya had no complaints, except for where daddy had gone. Turned out to be a great time! Emily and daddy were buddies for the night, and Mya had special, one on one time with mom.

I had so many pictures that captured the evening, I couldn't leave any out. Enjoy!

6 comments:

matt and christy said...

jaime, that sounds like a perfect evening! camping with the comforts of home right next door, i love it, great idea!hope all is well, talk to you soon!

Brian and Angela said...

We have tried 3 times to have a campout in our backyard since Feb. and 3 times we have been rained out! Are we in California?
Looks like you had a great time! I am sorry to hear about Emily. I pray she gets well soon.

Leah said...

So cool!

Amy said...

That does look like fun! There's something about camping in the backyard that kids just LOVE! We haven't done it yet this year...we need warmer night weather :-)

Loren and Kathy said...

Absolutly love it! I'm wishing I was there, isn't it time for fire flies? Hoping to pick-up a trip soon! Keep praying, I'm watching for one!
Luv,
Nana Warta

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Sounds like it was a fun night camping in your back yard, (except for the ear ache Emily had). I've been praying for her. I had many sleepless nights with Sandra as a baby with her ear infections. It was aweful. Just had to keep her up right and a warm wash cloth behind her ear and a lot of rocking in the rocking chair, patting the back.
Thanks once again for sharing the picks. I sure miss your girls!
Tell them Gwamma Brenda loves them. And give them Big, hard squeezes from me.