Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What you learn with little ones

Poor Joe. Always getting stuck with Mya. She's a HUGE fan of his.
This is not fire damage, just lost all their leaves. I thought it was still a nice view.

This was pretty interesting! It's a pond, or stream. When you looked closely, you could see that it was tons of little tiny green balls. They were the size of a ball point pen.
How beautiful! I love the way the colors blend.
A bigger picture.
Awwww. Me and my honey. It's rare to get shots of the two of us together. Thanks, Sarah, for thinking of that!

I have learned (only after making the mistake of doing it wrong before), when you have exciting news to share with a child, you better not make them wait too long before it takes place. Case and point: our last trip to Ohio, I told Mya the morning of that we were going to visit Joe and Sarah. Just about every 5 minutes, she would ask if we could "go yet?!". Then there would be teary-eyed break downs when I told her we had to wait, over and over. This time, it was a half an hour before daddy got home before telling her. I knew she would be excited, so I grabbed my camera to "catch the moment". Joe and Sarah, you should feel special after watching this. Who else gets THIS excited to see you guys? My favorite part... "Hmmmm, where's der chickens?" Will she EVER forget? We had a blast with you all. Thanks for the introduction of the new game. Love love loved it! Matt and I are still talking about it, and are really bummed we need more than two people to play.





5 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Mya, I LOVED talking to you yesterday. Did you get to go play in the snow? I miss you bunches and can't wait to see you next spring.

Jaime, her question about "der chickens" is priceless. I especially love how she puts her finger to her mouth. So cute!!!

Proudfoot Family said...

LOVED IT!! Yes, I do think that's the most excited anyone's ever been about seeing us. !!!

matt and christy said...

beautiful pictures Jaime! I told matt i want to go to ny in the fall to see the colors change. Mybe next year we can come visit?!
so whats this new game?

Brian and Angela said...

Mya-Uncle Joe and Aunt Sarah are worth getting this excited about it and more. I am glad you all had a great visit. We miss you all so much! Keep the videos coming. We just love them!

Proudfoot Family said...

Happy Birthday Emily. We had so much fun with you last weekend. Hope you have a great day today. Have some cake for us!!