Sunday, October 5, 2008

Time Piece



Several weeks ago I was doing some shrub clean up. Trimming back brush and such. I was heading in the house when I walked by one of our large trees, and saw something that looked like a handle to a sword coming out from the center. You know how large trees will have a solid, single base, but then several feet off the ground, it will branch into two or three smaller trunks? Don't really know if that makes sense. Any way, as I glanced, and saw what looked to be a handle, I walked closer, thinking "That couldn't possibly be a sword." I grabbed hold, and pulled it out. Talk about feeling like Excalibur. It was a funny feeling. Sure enough... a sword. I was so excited to show Matt my discovery. My imagination started running wild. "How old could this be? Did it come from a war? Was it actually used to fight? If only this sword could talk!" We had a buddy of Matt's over, and showed it to him. He thought it looked like a WW1, or WW2 bayonet sword. I did a little research... I stress LITTLE.... and found several similar swords that dated 1903, 1907. How cool!!! Of course, it's no where near "good condition", but still quite an exciting find.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

You've been tagged! Visit my blog for details, friend!!! :)

Brian and Angela said...

Keagan is going to be so intrigued by your find. I can't wait to show him!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Very cool! What a find!