Monday, July 21, 2008

What would you do to kiteboard?

Matt and Emily watch Mya as she entertains.
Doesn't mind getting dirty! Don't worry.... it's mud.
Kids having fun in the pool.
Matt "blowing" on Mya..... she liked it.
Emily wanting to show her crawling skills on the table.
Her first taste of cake. She got mad when we didn't keep it shoveled in.
Matt and one of his kites. Does it look big?
Now does it look bigger? It's 20 meters. Yes, it IS very close to being the length of our house!
Trying to capture the size of the kite.

The winds were up enough on Saturday for Matt to take his kites out. We were on a mission to get him in the water. We drove an hour south to some beaches we could "launch" at. First beach was closed, next beach was for boats to launch, third beach didn't allow kite-boarding, fourth beach had too many people. Yes... we had to drive to each individual beach. Yes, we did take the girls along. Yes, we were loading and unloading kids all afternoon. It was tiring, and very dissappointing, especially for Matt. Mya was looking forward to playing at the beach again, after our last trip to Canada. We couldn't head back home without taking a few minutes to let the kids splash around. Later that night, we went to our "Lifelinks" group for a dinner together. Mya was so happy to get the chance to swim again! She is part fish I think. We did end up having a great day, just a long one, spending all that time in the car.

5 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Emily seems to really be exploring. The girls get cuter and cuter with each post. I love the picture of Matt and Emily (with binkie of course...her and Claire are binkie buddies!). Miss you bunches and bunches. Thinking of you!

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

I jealous of you having beaches so close by. I would like to go to the beach again. Tell Matt to be "real careful" with his kites, he is now a father of two and has a wife to take care of. As MYA would say, "BE CAREFUL".

Brian and Angela said...

Sometimes those long and tiring car rides can have some of the best conversations. It sounds like you made the best of your day together. That kite is HUGE!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Tim saw the kite and was amazed at the size. "It's huge!!" is all he could say. I'm sure if we lived closer he would be right beside Matt with his own kite! Miss you guys!

Loren and Kathy said...

I'm not sure I want to know about the kite flying........what I don't know saves the worry!! Take care Matt!