Friday, July 18, 2008

What a week!

Mya and HER kitty.
At the baseball game.
Emily wanting to pet the cat. She doesn't know the word "gentle".
LOVES the animals!
Mya trying to feed Gus a tube. Emily snuggles.
She is always wanting to put her fingers in the mouth. Human, animal.. doesn't matter!
Ray meets Gus without the protection of a window. Note the ruffled fur.

This week has been packed full with activities, and we have spent a lot of time on the road. Thank goodness for A/C! Monday evening I was able to leave the girls at home with Matt while
I got out with some girlfriends. I had a great time! So nice to enjoy time without the kids now and then. Tuesday we helped out a mommy who has been on bed rest with her pregnancy. Wednesday was a late one, since Matt headed to Canada again to get his kite. He came home with four kites, and all the equipment needed so he can start kite-boarding. He is SO excited! I am excited for him too! I know it will be really cool, but I am a little nervous at the danger involved. I guess it wouldn't be quite as fun if it were "safe". My hubby... he is a thrill seeker. Last night we went to our first baseball game in downtown Buffalo. We took the kids, got free admission & free food. It was through Matt's work, so I had the chance to meet a few of his co-workers. Today we are going to be staying at home, taking it easy and catching up on what didn't get done during the week.
The kitten continues to be a great joy to the girls and I. I love the daily sound of Mya and cat feet running through the house, and screams of joy. I have finally found a perfect pair! They both have more energy than I know what to do with. Combine the two of them, and it works out great!
Emily has discovered crawling since last week. She loves it! Me... it's much more work! Oh well, it was going to happen sooner or later.
I hope you are having a great week! Take care.

4 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Yeah Emily!!! Maybe she could give Claire a pep talk. She's been so close to crawling for so long that we've all given up! Glad Ray is working out for you guys. Have a great weekend. Miss you!

matt and christy said...

it does sound like you had a busy week. good job emily! mya and HER kitty are cute together. jaime you are such a caring friend, and i am so thankful to call you my friend as well. you mommy friend must have been so greatful for your help. have a good weekend!
christy

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures and the updates on your activities. I'm glad you finally got your kitty. I know you have waited a very long time. Sounds like it was the purfect time for a new house cat. I'm sure the girls will have alot of fun with Ray. You LOVED cats when you were little too. Remember, at one time we had almost 20 of them outside. 3 mommy cats who all had kittens within a week and a half of each other. Now, that was crazy. But boy were they so much fun to watch and play with. Your cousin LaDilia took you and your sister to Target to give them away when they were big enough to do so. You 3 sat in front of the store with them in boxes hoping to find good families for them. That was a job.
Give the girls a BIG Big hug and kiss from me. Love Ya, Mom

Brian and Angela said...

Wow, a busy week. I just love how you captured Emily and the kitten together. That cat is so easy going. Miss you guys.