Sunday, November 28, 2010

He Is...

a faithful God who does no wrong
a forgiving God
a fortress of salvation
a glorious crown
a jealous and avenging God
a Master in heaven
a refuge for his people
a refuge for the needy in his distress
a refuge for the oppressed
a refuge for the poor
a sanctuary
a shade from the head
a shelter from the storm
a source of strength
a stronghold in times of trouble
an ever present help in trouble
architect and builder
builder of everything
commander of the Lord's army
Creator of heaven and earth
defender of widows
eternal King
Father
Father of compassion
Father of our spirits
Father of the heavenly lights
Father to the fatherless
God
God Almighty
God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
God Most High
God my maker
God my Rock
God my Savior
God my stronghold
God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
God of all comfort
God of all mankind
God of glory
God of gods
God of grace
God of hope God of love and peace
God of peace
God of retribution
God of the loving
God of the spirits of all mankind
God of truth
God our Father
God our strength
God over all the kingdoms of the earth
God the Gather
God who avenges me

to be continued...

Can you imagine? All this and more in one person. One spirit. One Father. As I read on these, I realize just how many I have experienced in my life. I can't help but praise Him for who He is.

No comments: