Friday, November 26, 2010

The Day After

When family is too far away to join you for the holidays, you question as to which would be the second best way to celebrate and rejoice over all the blessings in life. We have come to realize the best in life is to share in EVERYTHING. That is the good, the plenty, the hurts, the wants. Life together is better.

We took the opportunity to invite friends and neighbors to our home to share in our joy this Thanksgiving. We had the common bond of family being too far during the holidays. Beginning on Monday, I spent small portions of the day preparing the home, preparing the food. I think I will do this for many years to come. It allowed for little stress. It allowed for the children to help. It allowed for peace of mind, and many prayers of thanks and gratitude. Yesterday we had the joy of sharing with 14 people. Three families. What precious time was spent together.

I hope that each person was able to spend the day with happy thoughts of all God has given in His love. I am reminded through my current reading of how important it is to be mindful of who gives us what we have. I take no credit. I have no power that He has not given, including the breath in my body. Thank you, Father. You are so good! In all circumstances, you are good.

1 comment:

Loren and Kathy said...

Wow, you've won with getting your tree up first!! It looks beautiful! Just wish we were there to snuggle with the girls :( Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.....sure did miss you! Love, Nana Warta