Monday, July 13, 2009

A Weekend with Daddy

With Mommy and Mya in California for the weekend I got a chance to spend a whole 4 days with my Daddy!

I didn't realize a bath could be such a zenlike experience when you don't have a big sister dumping water on you head and taking away all the toys!
I helped Daddy clean the garage. Just a warning... That big red vacuum cleaner will suck up your whole arm if you're not careful!
It's about time for me to make a mess... Ahhh bubbles, that should do the trick!
Our Neighbors Ralph and Coletta took me and Daddy to my first Friday fish fry!
They said to thank my California grandparents for sharing me.
After dinner we went back to their house to play at their fish pond.
Rats! I almost had that one!
No trip to the neighbors would be complete without getting to take something home. I totally scored this giant bear this time!
Time to play in a fort.
Now to play with all my sister's princess toys!
I took some time out to watch a thunderstorm with Daddy.
Just playing outside.
All ready for church. Pigtails and all.
A trip to the park.
You mean this is all for me!?
I should check it out before I go in... Safety first!!!
Tunnel

No weekend with Daddy is complete without a trip to McDonalds!!!

8 comments:

Loren and Kathy said...

Absolutly PRICELESS!! I laughed and I cried!! Tell your New York grandparents thanks for watching out for our little one, we sure did miss not having her here! Matt I'm so proud of you, pig tails and all!! Just a heads up, just talked to your wife........she's in Chicago,almost home......time to clean! Luv U tons!
Mom

Matt + Ash said...

So sweet. Matt you are such a loving daddy! The girls are so lucky to have you. We really missed seeing you this weekend. Hopefully Matt and I will see more of you though when we are a bit closer to your neck of the woods!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Love it!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. It's so nice when the kids get one on one time with the parents. They need that. Great pics - too cute!

Lisa said...

Hey Matt,
I truly enjoyed your latest blog of your weekend with Emily. You are quite a comedy writer! You had me laughing! Looking forward to your next blog.

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Yes Matt,
I had a great time reading your Blog and seeing the pictures you took. Looks like you did a great job with Emily. I loved her pigtails too.
p.s. I didn't realize how Funny you can be.

Brian and Angela said...

What a riot Matt! You were smart in avoiding the curling iron. If a Daddy ever burns a little girl's forehead she is sure to never forget it. Emily was so blessed to have a such a special time with her daddy. We missed seeing you and laughing at your jokes. Take care!

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

I had to look at the Blog again since I missed having Emily in California for Sandra's Wedding. I took comfort to know she was in the "Best Hands" though. Emily is such a "cutie". I must come back soon to see her. She brings Joy to my heart seeing the Joy in her face. Thanks for sharing the pictures with the funny remarks too.