Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Reunited

It was so nice getting to see friends and family this past weekend! I am very blessed to have so many that are interested in how are lives are continuing and growing. Due to several people asking if I ever gave a talk to the MOPs group, I thought it best to blog how it went. I did go through with speaking, although I never felt at ease until it was over. I am never comfortable being in front of crowds. I had so many people praying on my behalf, I am certain it was the Spirit of God leading me, and speaking through me, which was so cool! I remember starting off by telling all the moms that if I passed out and fell on the floor, not to worry, it was just nerves. They all thought that was pretty funny. I knew it was true. I began telling the story of how Matt and I came to be here in New York, and how even though WE thought we were just being adventurous, it was really all a part of God's plan, that we unknowingly played into. The way steps were directed, and things were provided were by no means on our part. I told of how faithful God was to us, even when I felt like things in my life had shattered. I was able to say with experience, that when you feel you have nothing to bring, nothing to give, if you search for God, you will find Him. He will take all the little pieces of your life, and make them into a beautiful creation, that would NEVER be possible without Him. I was able to also say, that where we come to the end of ourselves, that is where He picks us up and carries us. While I was speaking, I knew a lot of words were coming out, but I really had no control, or conscious effort of doing it myself. It was.... a bit bizarre. I haven't had any thing happen like that before. But, I have never prayed as much, or had as many people praying for me as then. To all those who supported me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Weeks after I talked, I was still having women stop me, to tell me how much they appreciated me sharing, and how it had encouraged and challenged them. I may never see what effect it really had... long term.... but I knew I was doing what was right, and I was totally trusting Christ every step of the way.

Today I was reading Phillipians chapter one. There were so many verses that spoke to me, I thought I would pass them along, so that maybe others could be touched. I love the fact that what we do and say impacts others. I make it a daily prayer that my life is an indication of what it is to have Christ living in and through you. He really does make life worth living. He gives me a purpose and a hope like never before.

Phillipians 1:12-18
But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel, so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my chains are in Christ; and most of the brethren in the Lord. having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good-will: The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in ever way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

vs. 22-29
But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, that your rejoicing for me may be my coming to you again. Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God. For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake......

I encourage each one who reads this, to take a step towards the One who made us. Just see what happens. I don't doubt that something amazing will come from doing that.

3 comments:

Loren and Kathy said...

Jaime, Glad to hear you made it home SAFELY.......nothing like being delayed due to your plane being deverted because of a hole and decompression!!

I thank God often for the amazing things I am seeing and hearing in both you and Matt's life!

You have blessed me today! I love you both!
Luv,
Mom

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Jaime,
Thanks for sharing what God is doing in your life. You are truely a Blessing to me.
Thanks for your efforts in making it to California for your sisters wedding Day and bringing Mya with you.
Keep in touch, Love you lots, your mom

Brian and Angela said...

Wow, I had no idea that you were on the plane that I had watched on the 11:00 o'clock news Monday night until I read Mom's comment. I am so gald that you arrrived safely. Thanks for sharing!