Monday, May 5, 2008

Aww, Spring!

You may not find this nearly as interesting as I have, but I'm going to share it anyway.

A few days after moving in, I looked out one of our lower-level windows and saw a bird nest.


I was hopeful that it was being used, but didn't think it would be possible... considering the amazing view I had of it. Shortly after, a bird (I think a Robin) flew into it. My curiosity got the best of me. Due to the angle, I couldn't see IN the nest. I had to know if there were eggs. I went outside, and found that I was too short. I gently put my fingers in and felt 4 eggs! I was so excited, I went to tell Matt (like he really cared). I knew that our bathroom window was above the nest, so I tried to peek from here. I wondered what the eggs looked like. They were a beautiful blue color. I was so elated to be able to enjoy the gift of Spring like this. Two days ago, I looked on the nest again, and didn't see the bright blue eggs. They all hatched! I had Matt lift Mya up to see them. She can't get enough of it. It was so cute! After daddy pur her down, she said, "Mommy! I saw the little grey birds! They go like this.." and she opened her mouth wide and bobbed her head around! I love it! The picture I have posted on the blog of Mya (on the top right side) is her looking at the nest before they hatched. It has brought so much joy to the two of us.

2 comments:

Leah said...

That is so sweet! That is so neat that you could take those pictures.

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Now, it's not just the 2 of you who have received joy from the birds in their net, Sandra and I were excited to see it too. Brought a tear of joy to our eyes. Really enjoyed reading what you wrote about Mya and her experience viewing the birds.
O X O X O X