Monday, September 21, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa Warta Visit

The delay on blogging Grandma and Papa's visit is proof that I cannot do everything as quickly as I would like. I'm a week or two behind. Yuck. We LOVE LOVE LOVE having company! Here are some of the highlights of the trip.
Keeping up the with the tradition of bringing the girls matching pajamas. Mya and Emily love them! Papa read the girls a bed-time story, then gave them a "horsey ride" to bed.

The morning was spent enjoying the great outdoors. Papa showed Mya how to shoot a bow. Mya showed Papa and Grandma the "Secret Fort". Emily and Grandma were inseparable, just like Mya and Papa.
We made a trip to our neighbors. The girls tried to catch fish with their hands. They really enjoy that fish pond. We headed inside and got to see the great work of Ralph with his wooden carvings. Such talent!
We were all treated to a delicious home baked meal! We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, and home made chocolate meringue pies. Emily's favorite part by far was the corn. She really took to the soda that Papa gave her as well. That's a rare event!
I've got a lot more pictures to post, but I'm turning in for the night. Good night all!

3 comments:

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

I Loved seeing the new photos. Thanks so much for keeping the post going, (even though you think they are late in getting posted). They are posted... that's what counts.
I'm missing everyone, but you are close in my heart and mind.
God is Good.

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

I love the photo of the horsey ride to bed. There's nothing like a childs laughter.

Lisa said...

I think the last photo you took of the two girls is precious!