Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Drive-In

Emily is very happy that she can stay up late... and she LOVES being with her daddy.
This was Mya's expression nearly the entire time. Absolutely GLUED.
Emily trying to figure out how such a small piece of food can taste SO WONDERFUL!

Sunday, Matt had to head in to work for a few hours. When he arrived home, he started gathering blankets, drinks, and making popcorn. He thought it would be nice to take the girls and I to the drive-in theatre before winter hits. What a great evening it was! The last time we went to the drive-in, I was still pregnant with Emily. On that trip, we sat inside the truck, and it was a bit cramped. On Sunday, we came prepared to have room in the bed of the truck. I didn't catch all the great moments on camera, but I'll try my best to describe them.


Mya is a popcorn girl. If you were to offer her candy in one hand, or popcorn in the other, it would be a REALLY tough decision. All that to say, she was so in awe of the "BIG MOVIE" that she never touched the popcorn! Emily, on the other hand, a TOTALLY different story! Matt was very cautious to not give her too big of pieces, but he had to hurry. She wanted the popcorn shoveled in! It was really hilarious. If, for some reason, she ran out, she would tense up and scream in frustration. Then, when Matt went to drink his soda, Emily figured she was big enough to have that as well. She grabbed on the the bottle with two hands, and with all her strength, tried her best to put it in her mouth. Daddy was wise enough to know that wasn't going to happen if I was there. Emily could have cared less about the movie, but was all into the munching. She crashed shortly after the popcorn was gone.


We can hardly wait for our next Drive-In experience. It's all Mya has talked about the past two days. We are very happy to have it near by.

2 comments:

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

I haven't been to a drive-in since my high school years. I'm not going to mention HOW LONG AGO THAT WAS. It looked very cozy in the back of the truck. So glad to hear you all had a great time. What movie did you all see that kept Mya's attention so well.
As much as Mya loves popcorn, it looks like her sister just may like it more.

Loren and Kathy said...

Mya did you know that Nana & Papa Warta's first date was at a drive-in movie? No, I wouldn't let any of my children or grandchildren go there for their first date.......but things were different in the olden days!! Love and miss you all tons!
Love,
Mom (Nana Warta)