Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 1





The "flight of five" was the old lock system.

Joe, Sarah and Zeke arrived at our house late Thursday evening. We are so loved! They took a 6 hour drive, one way, to come spend time with us for two days. Matt had to work on Friday, so the girls and I got to spend our time sight-seeing with them. We spent the early afternoon up in Lockport. I had been wanting to see the "locks" on the river, but didn't want to go with just the girls. This was a perfect opportunity. It was neat! Just as we arrived, there was a boat needing to changed levels. I was amazed at how fast the water level dropped! On our way back home, there was quite a down-pour. It cleared up by the time Matt came home, and everyone cooked hotdogs on the fire-pit. Us four adults stayed up until almost mid-night, just visiting. It was so nice having that time.

2 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

The view through your living room window is beautiful...so green! Can't wait to visit!

Brian and Angela said...

I agree with Casey. I thought the same thing when I first saw these photos. Your house looks so inviting. The kids keep asking when we are going to get to come visit you guys. I hope it is in the next year.