Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our Anniversary

While my parents were here, Matt & I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary. We were able to leave the girls for the evening and enjoy a nice dinner together, and then go shopping. We are so happy with the way things have gone for us in our marriage. I would have never expected (five years ago) to be living in New York with two beautiful girls and a such a wonderful man. God has been so good to us! The best part of my anniversary came the next day. The day we came home from the hospital with Emily, I had lost my wedding rings. I was heartbroken. Matt had told me we would shop around, and get something new. What I really wanted was my original set, but had no idea where it had fallen off. Long story short, after weeks of trying on new rings, and not finding anything I really liked, it turned out for the best. Matt came to me as he was pulling the car seat out of the car, and said, " I thought you would like to have this." Of course, I started crying. I was so grateful to have my ring back. It's never looked so beautiful!

8 comments:

Ryan & Holly said...

Jaime,
I almost cried when I read this post. I know how it is. I love my wedding rings and they mean so much to me that I would be heartbroken as well if I lost them. I would probably cry for days. I am so glad that you found your rings. Where did they end up hiding? So glad to hear that you guys got some "date" time for your anniversary. We miss you guys.
Holly

jwarta said...

Matt found my ring when he was removing the infant "base" from the car. Makes sense NOW. Must have slipped off when I was loading Emily in the car seat that day. I am just so happy it was in our vehicle!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever had a chance to say Congratulations after Emily was born....so Congrats!! :) I tried to leave a comment one day but didn't have an account yet, so it wouldn't let me leave one. Anyway, it is fun checking your blog to see how you guys are doing way over there in New York. Glad to see things are going well.
Shawna

matt and christy said...

jaime,
I would be sad if I lost my ring as well. it holds so many memories and you want to have it forever. glad you found it. we miss you guys as well. happy belated anniversary! how is gus liking the snow? talk to you soon.
christy

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Hello Jaime,
I was so glad to be at your home with you when you received the joy of having Matt hand you your "lost" wedding rings.
My heart was overwelmed to see the "tears of Joy" you had.
God gave you back something in your life that was so near and dear to you, (and I got to share that with you) GOD is GOOD.
God allowed me to share in your Blessing as well, so I "thank HIM" for that.
Your dad and I had a wonderful visit. Can't tell you how much love and joy the girls bring to our lives. Looking forward to visiting again, hopefully when the weather is a little warmer. ; )
Love your mom

Brian and Angela said...

As I was reading your story about your wedding rings I was quickly reminded how I felt when I lost mine in our first 6 months of marriage. I thought for sure you were going to say that Matt was behind it the whole time and that he surprised you with a bigger diamond. I guess it is the hopeless romantic side of me coming out. Bigger diamond or not I am sure you are happy to get back your original set. Love you guys.

matt and christy said...

hi matt and jaime
how are you guys doing? i saw that you are getting lots of snow right now. I bet it is really pretty. take some pictures so we can see it. I'm sure it makes it really feel like christmas. looks like you will have a very white christmas, enjoy:) hope to talk to you soon.
christy

Veronica said...

You all look so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us. We miss you guys. We are all happy to see and hear that you are doing so well. You are both wonderful and amazing people. I'm truely blessed to have known you both. Keep in touch.
love Veronica and the gang at ATC