Spring has finally decided to show up here. Until June, we still run the chance of frost though. I have been spending many days out in the yard, and have been overwhelmed with the feeling of new life. The birds are busy making nests and raising babies, the plants and flowers are budding, and I am reminded that no matter how long the winter may seem (and it may in fact be ages long!), there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your eyes opened, slow down, and be searching for the little glimmers of hope. You'll find them... somewhere!
Find Waldo! Can you spot the birds? This morning I spotted two new types of birds that I've never seen before. They are a brilliant orange and black. It looks as though they may have a diet of nectar or pollen. They quickly hop from branch to branch while pecking at the tree.
Check out those legs! I'm sorry, but those are furry like a tarantula. I was trying to let it free until I saw those legs!
Last fall Emily and I were cutting the grass when we came across this HUGE, FAT green caterpillar. We put in it a butterfly house that we had. The very next day it was in a thick cocoon. Talk about perfect timing! All winter we would occasionally check on it. After all this time, I thought that I wasn't going to come to anything. Yesterday, after seeing the caterpillar nest in the tree, we were reminded to check on the one in the house. Again, perfect timing! It had come out and was hanging, drying it's wings. So much excitement! Isn't it beautiful? It's big enough to fill my hand.
I am so excited! In three years, I have not had a single blooming Iris. This year, we have over 15 buds! The girls and I are watching the growth that takes place every day.
Little girls and flowers go hand in hand.
A nest of caterpillars! We found 3 nests just like this in the same tree.
The safe way to show the girls how bees collect pollen. You see, my girls and any sort of reptile=wonderment, excitement, and kissing. You name it! Frogs, worms, snakes...
I am trying my best to be obedient in sharing love and kindness to all. As I reach out, I see just how many people, even the ones you least expect, are CRAVING for interaction.... for relationship, for TIME. I encourage you to reach out as well. You may think, as I did, that you will bless someone, but in fact, it's YOU that gets the blessing as well. Two-fold!
However, any sort of bee or spider= terror and screaming. That is a result of bites and stings on several occasions.
1 comment:
so good to see your post again! happy spring, even if it is taking its sweet time to get here! I think i will start my blog again soon:)
Post a Comment