Wednesday, May 25, 2011

March & April

"Would you like some tea? Here. I'll pour you some."

My sweet Emily. I can't help but take pictures of her. She is so full of life! Isn't the boot/dress combo quite the fasion statement? There are days when I require the boots to be worn. We get a lot of rain, and our yard turns into a swamp. If it's NOT raining, we need fresh air though. Other times, I try to talk her into some other sort of shoe, and she insists on her polka-dot boots. She'd sleep in them if I let her!

Emily LOVES the tire swing. She is brave! She goes as high as I can push her. Easter pictures:
We were thankful to not have snow. The previous weekend we had flurries.




Grandma and Grandpa, thank you so much for the beautiful Easter dresses, gloves, and treats! It was hard waiting to wear the dresses, but Mommy insisted.



Out for some sun, fresh air, and hairstyling:







Another fun experiement with Mr. Ralph. He collected about 2 gallons of Sugar Mapel tree sap per day. We kept our fire going to boil it down. After.... I don't know.... 20 gallons or so, we have 5 jars of the tastiest, REAL mapel syrup. Ralph was excited about showing the girls the process.


An antique egg weigher from Mr. Ralph. We weighed each and every egg!


For several weeks (before the unfortunate accident of loosing chickens to wild animals and dog) we were collecting 18-22 eggs a day! Emily and I had a routine of heading to the barn with basket in hand, collect them, feed the chickens, thank the chickens for the eggs, head back to the house, wash the eggs, weigh the eggs, sort the eggs, refridgerate the eggs. Then, Emily would earn some "work money". Then.... we had the accident. We now collect about 10 eggs a day. Sigh. At one point, we had 18 dozen eggs in holding. That's a lot of eggs!



These tiny glss pigs were a gift to the girls from my mom. They were in her "special cabinet" for a long time, and each time Mya would visit Grandma, she would ask if she could have the little pigs. Grandma finally They are not a common play toy, but every once in awhile Emily will ask, "Mommy, can I play with the little glass piggies? I will be gentle, I promise." So, they come to play for a bit. This little girl feeds them bread and was entertained in dream land for over a half an hour the day I took this picture.

2 comments:

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Who would have thought that the tiny little pigs would be so entertaining. I'm so glad they are being enjoyed.

K and S Cozad Blog said...

Looks Like Miss Em, has an immagination just like her Aunt Sandra!!!! :) So cute!