Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our Father's Day



I have to start off by saying, what an incredible church service we had! I don't know that there was a single dry-eye in the place. Even the men were deeply touched. It began with a new, first time daddy. Then, moved on to what it's like to be a "Daddy's Girl". A man was sharing what it was like to celebrate his first Father's Day without his dad. His father just passed away four weeks ago. There was someone expalining of what it was like to be raised without a father figure, and how the void was filled as he became a man. All of this was tied into how immeasurable our heavenly Father's love is for us.... HIS children. I am going to post the link, because if you have a moment, I highly recommend listening. I believe it's 36 minutes long. http://www.thechapelatcrosspoint.com/ Please note, you will have to click on the "Listen" link, and then select "Father's Day". You won't be dissappointed.


On to the rest of our day! Matt WANTED to grill... I fully intended on making something for him. The girls and I did take him out to OUTBACK after work on Friday, as an early celebration. So, Matt made us a delicious grilled meal, and then we spent the afternoon outside. It was great weather! My girls have such a great daddy. And he does the coolest stuff! Mya loves that he snowboards, wakeboards, and flies really big kites. She doesn't know any other daddy's like hers. Emily can't take her eyes off daddy when he gets home from work. Every dinner is spent with Matt getting the adoration look from his "Little Jibber". It melts my heart! We are SO blessed to have Matt as our provider and protector. He does a great job!

3 comments:

Karen Frank said...

Sounds like a super day!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Happy Father's Day Matt! Mya's right, there's no other Daddy like you! Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

To hear the Joy in your heart and life about your family brings a BIG SMILE to my face as your MOM.
I'm proud of my son-in-law. He is a good father. Looking forward to seeing you all next week.