More from "Beautiful Offering" by Angela Thomas
"I don't know about this deeper walk with God. Maybe I just want to be shallow."
I know what shallow feels like. I see what shallow looks like. I don't want to skim across the surface with God. There is no life or passion in the shallow heart. God wants your broken spirit. He wants you to come into His presence and lay all the pieces of your heartache on His altar.
Grow in your faith through relationships. Wounded people heal in relationships, and unbelievers come to the Lord through relationships. Pride got in the way. I mistakenly believed I could become strong enough to get healthy alone. I have even acted like I could trust God enough to heal all by myself. What a desperately foolish idea. You and I were made for relationship. We are supposed to live in community with loving people. Burdens are meant to be carried. Broken hearts and broken lives don't get put back together while you're laying on your bed in the dark. They get healed inside the arms of healthy love.
I am tired of being "a really strong woman who can get it all done." I am tired of feeling like I have to live like I don't need anybody but Jesus. Growth began when I asked people to pray for me. Why do we wait so long to ask?
I truly believe that one of the best things I carry into my future ministry and relationships is my brokenness. When you know what it feels like to be blown into a million pieces and then picked up and held by the tenderness of God, something happens in that transaction of grace. You want to give what you have received. The Father makes all things new. Tell people they can dance again because God said we can dance in His arms for His glory.
Thank God for the treasure He makes from our heartache.
No comments:
Post a Comment