Home is where the heart is. A home is a place the members inside should feel safe, secure, loved, valued, cherished. A peaceful resting place where the heart can be healed and the Spirit refreshed. A home should be a place where dreams are born and then encouraged to be lived out. I desire my home to be such a place that anyone who enters can FEEL Christ living in it. I want my home to be a place where truth is shared, wrapped up in love...but not to the point that it takes away from the fact that making mistakes has consequences. That bad choices not only hurt ourselves, but everyone around us in our world. That is such a tough balance to have. It seems as though I'm either on one side or the other.
So, if this is what I want my home to be, how do I get there? I have the goal, but now what is my course going to be? I have heard it said that there must be a work IN you before there can be a work THROUGH you. I have given so much time in trying to give up my selfishness in wanting things my way. I have come to the conclusion that it is a never-ending battle to die to self. The harder I strive at being better, the farther I feel from it. However, giving up is not an option.
I heard a Mother speaking yesterday about "Perfection Infection". As Mothers, we spend so much energy and stress on trying to be everything to everyone. We work tirelessly to be perfect, but the fact is that no Mom is. We guilt ourselves into a pit of destruction. We feel that we don't measure up. There were some really great reflecting moments for me. Here are some of the things that were said:
1) Don't compare your insides to someone else's outsides.
2) Move from the pursuit of perfection to the pursuit of being perfected.
3) I see the hurt in you, but I also see the hope in you.
4) Better to be authentic than to pretend perfection.
If you're interested in catching more great insights, you can listen to Jill Savage on Focus on the Family. Here is a link:
I hope you'll be blessed and encouraged in not only your work as a Mother, but also who you are as a person.
No comments:
Post a Comment