I once heard that our life story does not belong to us. It is not something we should keep to ourselves, or hide in a box in the closet. I have not written the story of my life. I have merely been a vessel in this thing called "life". God is the Author of every story. He is the One who creates a beautiful masterpiece when all is said and done. He intends His artwork to be shared...with everyone. Not just those of our own choice.
I have questioned at times what can look like disaster. I have thought on numerous occasions, "God, this shouldn't have happened this way. Do you see what is going on? Are you really feeling my inexpressible hurt, confusion, betrayal?" He has felt it.... ALL of it.
This morning I woke hours before my alarm went off. A heavy heart tends to make for sleeplessness. The song in my head was: "I"ll praise you in this storm and I will lift my voice. You are who You are, no matter where I am. Every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hand. You never left my side. Though my heart is torn...I will praise You in this storm."
I have seen that life can give you the unexpected, and even undesired. At times this is no fault of our own, other times it is. It amazes me how God can "work ALL things together for the good of those who love Him". To be honest, I don't see my life as being a masterpiece now. Therein lies the HOPE. The things which cannot be seen. "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief!"
I will meditate on Your unfailing love. Your praise reaches to the ends of the earth; Your right hand is filled with righteousness. Psalm 48:9-10
2 comments:
Jaime, I have thought of you numerous times, almost daily. It has been too long since we have talked, I should have written or called you sooner. I am recovering from my second transplant and will call you when I get home. I miss you friend!
Jaime, I'm not sure how to add you to my Blog. Are you already? Well, it's late, & I need to get some rest. I've been thinking of ya'll today, & I send Love! : )
Post a Comment