Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face.
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.
I find it a bit funny (and sad) at the frequent reminders I need to keep my focus on Christ and Christ alone. It's not just daily reminders, but minute reminders. Every time a thought, choice, or concern enters my mind, I am given a choice on how to react. Will I choose to trust in Him, or will I choose to trust in my own feeble attempts to solve things without Him? I have some victories when I remember to rely on Him, but more than I like to admit, it's my human nature to try and do it alone. When I am overcome with doubt, fear and anxiety, I then realize I left my God who goes before me and with me....behind. I was so busy running ahead, that His peace has left me. Then He reminds me, gently and tenderly, "My dear child. There you go again, worrying about the future that may never even come to pass. Live with Me in the here and now. I will protect you. I will provide for you. I will show you the way to walk in.... one step at a time." He is so gracious. So patient. And yet, He understands frustration. While here on earth with His disciples, they continued to miss what He was teaching them. "How long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you?" Mark 9:19
I was reading in Psalm 50 today:
Our God comes and will not be silent. He summons the heavens above, and the earth, that he may judge his people, for God Himself is judge. "Hear, O my people, and I will speak, and I will testify against you; I am God, your God. I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices or burnt offerings which are ever before Me. I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine. The world is mine, and all that is in it. Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor Me." But to the wicked, God says; "What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips? You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you. When you see a thief, you join with him; you throw in your lot with the adulterers. You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit. You speak continually against your brother. These things you have done and I kept silent; you thought I was altogether like you. But I will rebuke you and accuse you to your face. Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue: He who sacrifices thank offerings honors Me, and he prepares the way, so that I may show him the salvation of God."
No comments:
Post a Comment