When life isn't what you expected. When what you had hoped for, planned for, falls apart. When your dreams shatter into a million pieces. Where do you turn? What do you do? Who do call? You see, sometimes life is full of mis-haps. Sometimes it is the cause of us making a bad choice. Other times we are put in a place of disaster from the bad choices of others. And still, there is the case when we have done everything as best as we could, and garbage still happens. No matter how it comes about, the pain is still the same. Excruciating at times. For those of you who have been there... read on and take comfort. There is a happy ending. Just hold on a little longer. Moment by moment. We'll get through this with His help and His promises.
Continuing the story of Job
Chapter 10 - 19
"My soul loathes my life; I will give free course to my complaint, I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. I will say to God, 'Do not condemn me; show me why You contend with me. Does it seem good to You that You should oppress, that You should despise the work of Your hands? You have granted me life and favor, and Your care has preserved my spirit. If I sin, then You mark me. If I am wicked, woe to me; even if I am righteous, I cannot lift up my head. I am full of disgrace; see my misery! Why then have You brought me out of the womb? Oh, that I had perished and no eye had seen me!
Zophar, a 'friend' says:
Because you would forget your misery, and remember it as waters that have passed away, your life would be brighter than noonday. Though you were dark, you would be like the morning. And you would be secure, because there is hope.
Job replies:
"I am one mocked by his friends. The just and blameless who is ridiculed. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this, in whose hand is the life of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind? What you know, I also know. I am not inferior to you. But I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God. But you forgers of lies, you are all worthless physicians. Oh, that you would be silent, and it would be your wisdom! He will surely rebuke you if you secretly show partiality. Hold your peace with me, and let me speak, then let come on me what may! Though He slay me, yet I will trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him. He also shall be my salvation, for a hypocrite could not come before Him. Then call, and I will answer; Or let me speak, the You respond to me. Make me know my transgression and my sin. Why do You hide Your face, and regard me as Your enemy?
Eliphaz, another friend:
For your iniquity teaches your mouth, and you choose the tongue of the crafty. Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; yes, your own lips testify against you. Why does your heat carry you away, and what do your eyes wind at, that you turn your spirit against God, and let such words go out of your mouth? For He stretches out his hand against God, and acts defiantly against the Almighty, running stubbornly against Him with his strong, embossed shield. He will not depart form darkness; Let him not trust in futile things. deceiving himself, for futility will be his reward.
Job:
Miserable comforters are you all! (I want to say that sometimes) If your soul were in my soul's place, I could heap up words against you, and shake my head at you; but I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the comfort of my lips would relieve your grief. Thought I speak, my grief is not relieved; and if I remain silent, how am I eased? But now He has worn me out; God has delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over to the hands of the wicked. I was at ease, but He has shattered me; He also has taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces; He pierces my heart and does not pity. He breaks me with wound upon wound; my face is flushed from weeping, and on my eyelids is the shadow of death; although no violence is in my hands, and my prayer is pure. My friends scorn me; my eyes pour out tears to God. Oh, that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleads for his neighbor!
My spirit is broken, my days are extinguished, the grave is ready for me. Who is he who will shake hands with me? For You have hidden their heart from understanding; my eye has also grown dim because of sorrow.
Bildad says to Job:
How long till you put an end to words? You who tear yourself in anger, shall the earth be forsaken for you?
Job:
How long will you torment my soul? He has set darkness in my paths. He has stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown form my head. He breaks me down on every side, and I am gone; my hope He has uprooted like a tree. My relatives have failed, and my close friends have forgotten me. My breath is offensive to my wife. All my close friends abhor me, and those whom I love have turned against me. Have pity on me, have pity on me, O you my friends, for the hand of God has struck me! For I know that my Redeemer lives, and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God. How my heart yearns within me!
Can you relate? Ahh... Job understands pain and grief... so well. There's no comfort like the comfort of someone who has been there.
To be continued.....
2 comments:
Ha! But I find, even after they have also been there, you still don't feel any better! Hey Sis, I do not see you as a follower on my page. Do you follow Kevin, & my blog also? If not, I hope you will. I love you, & good night/morning, now I will try & get some sleep. I feel like Our Mother! : ) Night, love you guys!
Me Again Sister!
Just checkinout the weather, & a a quarter till 10, it's over 80 degree's! I love it, & am enjoying it emmensly! I think of you all on the East cost, wanting to get away from this weather! I hope you all are well, I'm thinking of you, & I love you! Hope to talk to you al soon! Love Ya! Sister ~Sandra*C
Post a Comment