Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Honesty

When I read something that hits me hard. The things that I feel, but don't know how to say. I love when others can be so open and honest with their words, with their feelings of inadequacies. We all have them.

Here is what I related to, and how I would SO loved to change about me:

That night I knew it: I’ve become the parent I knew as a child. The one I looked straight in the face and fierce vowed I’d never be. But my ears ring with the echo of my voice, that voice: Can’t you see what a mess this is? How many times do I have to tell you? What were you thinking?

How did I end up here and I want to muffle out me and the 24/7 forge of children that can liquefy the steely resolve.

I had wept molten. I beg God to burn off the soul dross.

How can a mother be frustrated her child is not as she longs him to be, when she herself is not as she longs to be?

(This excerpt taken from "A Holy Experience")

I am praying for you, my friends and loved ones. Please, may I ask for your prayers as well? Have a Blessed Christmas.

1 comment:

K and S Cozad Blog said...

Jaime,

I was wondering, is there a message place to send things to you, of just mail, on your blog, or does it have to be a comment somewhere? Just wanting to know... Please email me, back when you get a chance. Thank you, & I love you guys!