Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holidays...

...and hurt. It doesn't seem as though those two words should be together. Yet, I look around and see that I can't ignore the fact that they ARE together. People loose loved ones to death, loose loved ones to divorce, or are reminded of the painful past of what it used to be like. My heart grieves.

I am so blessed, and I am full of joy as I see our family come together to celebrate these days. Yet, I don't want to turn my head and ignore the pain of those around me.

Lord, what would you have us do? What would you do? I ask that you open my eyes and our eyes to see this time as an opportunity to tell others of the hope and healing your Son brings. Not only did you come to pay for our incredible debt, but you came to show how intimate you want to be with us.... in our daily lives. To show us that you see the deepest longings inside us and want to make us whole. You don't want our lives to just exist, but to thrive fully. You...give...LIFE to every part. Help me to surrender my selfishness and embrace Your purpose for my being here. Let Your power flow through me and bring reconciliation to a world in desperate need.

2 comments:

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

"Amen" my daughter. How we really need to keep our eyes opened to those that God brings into our lives each day. May our lives be a reflection of Christ.

K and S Cozad Blog said...

"Me Too!" : ) Right Emily? : ) I also agree!