On Monday Emily turned 3. Some of the pictures aren't glamorous, but they were reminders of how our day was spent. We made pies, and when you let a just-turned 3 year old help, here's what can happen. Instead of a lightly floured surface, you get mountains of flour that don't just stay on the counter. When only one recipe card is needed, the "little helper" goes through and pulls out every card in the recipe book. I could get frustrated, but then what good does it do? I turned around to find that she had put all the silverware away in the correct places, and had pulled out all our baby spoons to count them, tell me their colors, and line them up in a row. One day I know I will miss this. They grow so fast!
We celebrated her Birthday the next evening when Grandma and Grandpa could be here. It was a very special evening, and just after the candle was blown out, we lost power. Many of the gifts were opened via flashlight.
Thanks to all who made the birthday special through gifts and cards. She knew she was loved and thought of.
1 comment:
Emily you are getting so very BIG! I bet it sure is fun celebrating your birthday along with mommy's. We thought about you both last week. Love you tons!
Post a Comment