They do not consider in their hearts that I remember all their wickedness; now their own deeds have surrounded them; they are before My face. None of them calls upon Me.
"Woe to them, for they have fled from Me! Destruction to them, because they have transgressed against Me! Though I redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against Me. They did not cry out to Me with their heart when they wailed upon their beds.
Hosea chapters 6 & 7
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart. These, O God, You will not despise. Psalm 51:17
"He is ever merciful..... Come, and I will give you rest."
While reading these I am aware. Whether I call on Him or not, He sees my pain. "I did not cry to You when I wailed on my bed ..." I have to ask myself, "Why? Why don't I turn to Him first?" I can be so stubborn. So blind. So independent. Then, I am reminded of the pride that goes deep within me. There is the part of me that wars to do things my way, apart from God.
"So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, to walk in their own counsels." Psalm 81:12
No comments:
Post a Comment