Nothing beats a day at the lake. We started out by going exploring near a waterfall. I wasn't quite ready to get in the water, but the girls and Grandma got right in. After that, my dad and I went on a little adventure to an old train cave used for mining way back when. I love doing that kind of stuff! Once we came back to the boat, it was getting pretty warm. It was time to get the tube going. I thought for sure Mya would want to jump right on it. Nope. It was Emily. We started out really slow. I didn't want to scare her. She kept saying, "Faster! Faster!" That little dare-devil went as fast as adults go! She loved the wind and water getting in her face. After a run with mom, then another run with Grandma jumping on, Mya was ready to try it. We had a great time and are excited for the next trip out.
The place we stopped for ice cream is full of memories. I bet I was around 6 years old when we started hitting this place up for ice cream after a long day at the lake. I would have never imagined I would be stopping there with my parents and my kids! What a special day.
No comments:
Post a Comment