Saturday, July 24, 2010

Changes Around Here

My friends, the Green's, had a GREAT quote that I thought worth sharing. Soon, you will find out why this really applies to ME.

Change of pace and change of place, cause a change of perspective. -Mark Batterson

To be honest, I'm not really sure where to start. I don't seem to have that great "story telling" ability. I wish. It's nice when I can get my thoughts out and still make sense. Anyone else that way, or I am really the only one?

Yesterday Matt finished his last day of work for the company he's been with since we came to Buffalo. It was a fantastic "farewell", and boy did many co-workers make Matt feel appreciated and missed. I am grateful. On Monday, Matt will be starting with a much larger-scale company (nation-wide) and will have a lot more responsibility (stress) and..... travel. That has always been a word that has scared me when talking about work. I have been the person to say, "I don't know how you do it. I don't think I could function well if my hubby had to travel for work." I have felt very blessed to have him home EVERY night since the day we were married. But now, we enter a new world.

Change of pace and change of place, cause a change of perspective.

In all reality, we don't know what this will look like for our family. I have found over and over that when you are stretched, you either grow or break. My perspective is now changing in realizing that every family does what they HAVE to do. I am thankful to have a husband that is willing to do whatever it takes to keep me at home with our children. I am thankful that he never moves back in the face of uncertainty or unknowns. He hits them dead on.

If you could, keep our family in prayer as we begin down this new road. My prayer is always that God will bless Matt's work, that he will find favor with all who meet him, and of course, for protection. My prayers have always been heard, and so far, God has been gracious enough to do just that. Matt and I do have the peace that this is a great step forward. So long as we stay in His will, we know He will be with us, guiding us every step of the way. Even when we feel we can't move with our eyes open. Don't you just love our Father?!



No comments: