Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Going Public

the journey....

looking back, and being hopeful for what is ahead...

I want to begin by saying, to all those who have followed our blog, (even when we have been silent for weeks at a time), thank you for you love and constant thoughtfulness. We are blessed to have you! This will be rather lengthy, but I'm hopeful that it will be worth your time.

Matt and I (and the girls of course) are nearing our two year anniversary since our move from California. Wow. We have remained on your minds, and you on ours. I love the fact that distance makes no difference between true friends. It was approximately four years that Matt and I had hoped to move out of state, before actually doing it. We were excited about the adventure, and excited about what God had in store for us.... off on our own. I look back, and am absolutely amazed at how God has provided and directed us. There have been wonderful times, as well as very difficult times. Typical of life. Through it all, God has remained faithful, and has continued to work through our circumstances. I have seen that through our separation from friends and family, as we knew it our entire lives, that we have been stretched, and several times, asked to step out on a limb, not knowing if we would fall or not. My faith, no doubt, has grown in ways beyond my imagination. I am excited to share what God has been doing in my life! I am not the same person I was a year ago. I am not the same person I was a few months ago. By the grace of God, he is changing me from the inside out, and I feel His love overwhelming me to the point that I cannot contain it. What a blessing and a privilege! This week, I would like to ask for your prayers. I am going to be speaking to 100 moms, give or take, and I am wanting to let truth and love flow from out of me. It is for the MOPs group that I have been apart of, and I am hoping that, through prayer, their hearts will be open and attentive to what our Father wants to speak to them through me. This is just one aspect of "stepping out". Truly, I'm hoping I don't pass out. This is very intimidating for me. I know many of you have continued to keep our family in prayer, and again, I am SO thankful for that. Keep it coming! I am going to be initiating some new groups for the summer months for moms, and I'm praying that it will grow, and become an amazing experience, that no one will be able to deny, it was the Hand of God, and His power alone. He is so good! He loves us SO much! I want to encourage you, where ever you are, that He knows you better than anyone else ever has, or ever will. Still, He loves you more than anyone ever could. His love has continued to draw me in, in ways that still blow me away. How cool is that?! "NOTHING can separate us from the LOVE of Christ". When ever you think of our family, please remember to pray for us. The work that is being set before me.... the sky is the limit with the God I serve. Thank you all. You are loved! ~Jaime

4 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Jaime,
Your post brought tears to my eyes! We do serve an awesome God who leads us to things and through things we never thought possible. I know how scary this new adventure must be, especially speaking in front of so many. I am confident that you'll be amazing up there and God's love WILL shine through you. You have already touched my life through your post, I only wish I could hear you speak!
Much love,
Casey

Loren and Kathy said...

Jaime,
My heart is full of gratitude for the things that God is doing in your life! I'm one of the few that have been able to see you and see the change first hand, and I can say yes, we do serve a awsome God! As hard as it was to have you and Matt move I wouldn't trade it for the world when I know that God is using it for His Glory!! You are a blessing to us........continue seeking God and shareing what you find with others! We love you!

Luv,
Mom Warta

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

It is nice to have you share with all of us what God has done in your life and what HE is doing still. You and your family are in my prayers daily. You have always been a blessing in my life since the day you were born.
May we all continue to keep GOD a part of our lives in all we do and say.
I LOVE YOU very much and your life makes me Proud as you follow Gods leading. 0 X 0 X, Your Mom

Brian and Angela said...

Jaime,
What a blessing your post has been to me this morning. I am so thankful for testimo but more thankful for your odedience to God's calling. It is exciting to see how deep your roots are becoming in New York. I am overflowing with joy as I watch you grow into a mature mother & wife-a true woman of God; full of a wisdom & love that can only come from the Father we serve. I love you!