Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Finally.....

Things have gotten busy again, which is why I have not
had time to update... in a month! Yikes. I was thinking
about how long our blog has had the snow background.
It would be nice to put something "Spring" up, however,
it still looks the same outside..... completely white. We had
a few days of warmer weather... in the teens. Ha ha. Our
snow dwindled just in time to have a forecast of 3 to 10
inches of more snow. I am really looking forward to Spring,
whenever it shows up. In the meantime, we will continue to
enjoy our warm fires, and watch the snowflakes fall. The girls
LOVE to eat snow, and play in the snow. I'm so glad they
to the cold weather as well as they do.
As you will see in the video, Emily finally started walking.
Mya and our "Em" have gotten to the age where they
really PLAY together now. I love that! Of course, with it
comes more arguments as well. We have several lessons
a day on what it means to "Play nice, and use kind words."
Will I ever stop saying that?

As I type, our bird feeder outside is surrounded by birds.
There is a red cardinal eating. I can't get over how beautiful
they are!

Last weekend we had enough wind for Matt to bring
out his "kites". The girls and I thought it would be fun
to watch daddy snowboard with them, so we went along.
It was VERY cold that day! Matt is so dedicated though,
he stuck it out for nearly three hours. He is SO COOL!

This blue kite is 11 meters long. Turns out, with the wind, it was a little too big. He endedup having to use his 3 meter kite so that he wouldn't get sucked up in the sky. You will never know how powerful those kites are until your connected to them.
Snowboarding on flat ground? Yep. You could go up hill if you have a kite!

I have some more videos to post, but they don't always come through as quick as I'd like. I will have to try again later on.

6 comments:

Brian and Angela said...

Yeah, Emily! I am so excited that you are now walking.
Love, Auntie Angie

matt and christy said...

what a great post! matt is such a dare devil! i can see my matt doing the same thing. miss you guys, and think of you guys often.

Loren and Kathy said...

Emily is adorable, love those first steps! Matt, I am better off not knowing what you do in your spare time!! You frighten me! Spring will come soon, you'll enjoy it more than any of us! (Sarah & Katie will be a close tie)
Hope to visit soon!
Luv,
Mom
Nana Warta

Loren and Kathy said...

I love the pictures of Emily walking. Hope to be there in March. I shutter at the pictures of Matt's latest adventures!
Luv,
Mom Warta

Matt + Ash said...

Hey guys, it was nice to talk to you for a few minutes at least last night. We miss you so so much. It made me so happy to hear Mya's voice. Again, Happy Birthday Matt, sorry we couldn't talk more, hope you had a great day!! Love you all.

Loren and Kathy said...

Please blog we miss it!!! I know you have some sunshine and flowers by now!

Luv,
Mom