It is such a brief moment that we live in innocence. It seems as though the rush of life propels us into the next phase, rather than enjoying the current moment we are in. I try to avoid the push, yet it still takes over. I have been blessed beyond words to be an in-home mother since my children were born. I have cherished many memories of having life slow to the pace that a learning child examines the world around them. I will forever cherish these years.
This morning while putting clothes away, I came across a funny sight. Then I realized the importance of what I saw, and I wanted to take hold of it...to remember the childhood innocence of make-believe.
At first sight, I see a barely inflated balloon placed in a "pinch pot" that Emily made at school out of clay. Then I remember the girls talking about their "birds".... and see that the pot is suppose to be the nest. Then, I find a cut up shoe box. Inside is a container of water and another little bowl. Mya was creating a bird cage, complete with bird bath and food dish and a lid that opened and closed, with paper towels on the bottom for when the bird went "potty". She has seen Grandma's real bird for many years and is fully aware of what it takes to care for a bird.
They have so many toys, yet they choose to play with what I consider garbage. I am thankful for the simplicity they still have. Thanks to the Lord for these continual blessings in my life. Thanks for opening my eyes to see the tiny blessings given today in the things I normally over look. Help me to find more of them, and praise you for each one.
1 comment:
Oh Yes Jaime! Yes I too enjoy the simplicity! You & I were so blessed to be raised "out of town" & really the clutter of city life. I know as a child, I wanted the plastic toys that our relatives had, but now looking back on that time, from an adults perspective, as you saw, your child was able to create, I am so thankful that I too had the opportunity, as well as imagination to do the same, when I was younger. : ) Oh, & I was going to ask again, I believe that ya'll had a trip out West some time in the near future. Am I correct in this thinking. If so, may I have trip details. Thank you, & again, I love your blog!!! I don't see that you're a follower of ours, are you? I'm now posting Baby stuff! : ) Us, http://me--you-cozadfamily.blogspot.com/ So, please let me know. I love you & think of you very often! Your Sis ~SLC
Post a Comment