Saturday, April 27, 2013

Emily's Big Day

Emily's class did a short presentation about dinosaurs. She was not timid at all! Had to move the mic even. How I remember those days....being the smallest in the class. I am given the opportunity over and over again to teach the girls that no matter how cruel people can be, don't let it change who you are on the inside. It is sad to see what they have to go through at such a young age. 




Later on in the day, she also had her first day of Soccer! She was so excited. When it came to running, she loved it. When it came to kicking the ball, she loved it. When it came to being silly, she couldn't participate. She told me later, "Mom, I don't want to be silly. I want to play soccer." Makes me laugh. I couldn't help but think of the movie "Kicking & Screaming" while watching practice. It was pretty dead on when it comes to how kids can be at this age. This will be interesting....









1 comment:

K and S Cozad Blog said...

That's My Niecie! You go Miss Emily! : ) Kick hard, run fast, No mercy!!!