Monday, July 11, 2011

Helpless




I came across this teeny nest a month or so ago. I was amazed at how small these little birds were. How vulnerable. They didn't remain in the nest very long. One evening I saw little ones in the grass. They were unable to fly, but they could hop and call their parent just fine. When I checked back to see if more eggs had been laid in the nest, I saw the skeleton of one baby bird. I was sad. And then I thought... was the fear of flying too much? Did it long to remain in safety, causing it to starve to death? Was it just too weak to survive with the rest? This all made me think at the way I live my life. Do I crave the sense of security as I know it... so that I let go of trusting God? Trusting Him enough to let go of everything and follow Him no matter the cost. I know he will take care of me, because He cares for me. He made me. Why do I try to control "my" life to feel safe? Could this be the path of an early death? Mostly I mean spiritually, but it could also be physical. I just wonder.....








No comments: