Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

My little explorers. Gotta love the dress and boot combo.
Down to the waterfall...
Last weekend, we joined Ralph and some others for fishing. It was a great day! Nice weather, nice company, nice relaxation. Mr. Ralph and Emily are best buddies. This year he blessed Emily with her very own pink sparkle fishing pole. Last year, he blessed Mya with a pink and purple one for their first day of fishing together. He loves these girls to pieces.It was a day for fishing until......







...the mama duck came with 8 of her babies. Then it was all over. How can a fish compare with a cute, cuddly baby duck? It can't. Then, Matt was clever enough, and fast enough to catch one. The mother did NOT like that at all! She flew at him, was nipping him, splashing at him, VERY angry. I was able to catch this photo just before the ruckus began.

Here is Mya on her last day of Kindergarten. Her entire class had the same t-shirt because there are 5 kindergarten classes. Each class had a different color shirt. One day while walking to the mailbox I came across this turtle on the driveway. I knew the girls would be fascinated with it. Emily, as usual, couldn't keep her hands off of it. I had to send them in to give the turtle a break. It was gone in a blink. I think the reason why turtles are thought to be slow is ONLY because they have no reason to run. Until.... a turtle meets Emily...
Father's Day 2011

3 comments:

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

I LOVE ALL THE PHOTOS!
Thanks for making the time to get these on your Blog. I can hardly wait to see you all again in person. Your neighbor Mr. Ralph is so sweet to get Emily and Mya their first fishing poles.

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Great seeing pictures of you guys! Thanks for the post.

K and S Cozad Blog said...

Meeee Toooooooooooo!!!! I'm Loving the pics, & Laughing, & smiling so much, My Face HURTS!!!! : ) Again, as always, thank you for sharing! I am also Anxiously awaiting your next vist! I'm counting down the days!!!! : ) Love you guys, & yes counting down the days! 1,2,3.....