Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is in the air!

I think we're in the 50's now! Heat wave! Our snow is rapidly melting, which is causing a bog in our lawn. We were able to see the sun almost every day for a week. A wonderful week..... my mom and Aunt Lisa were visiting. We laughed a lot. We figured they brought us the sun from California, since we heard that CA ended up having rain and such. Today, even though we still have a lot of snow on the ground, we went to the park. I was a little surprised to see that I was not the only mother out there! I tell you.... cabin fever really sets in after a few months of feeling trapped in doors. We actually had to make two trips to the park. Here's the story. We had to take Grandma and Aunt Lisa to the airport this morning, and of course the girls had to come with us. Mya didn't want Grandma to leave, but held up pretty well on the drive to the airport. It was when the car doors were shut, and Grandma started walking away that Mya lost it. Talk about causing a mom's heart to break! When I asked why she was so sad, she said that she wanted to go on the airplane too. She missed her "grandparents and cousins". That...is....hard for me! She then asked if we could go to the park to try and make her feel better. I said that was fine. We went, but at the time, she was in sneakers and regular pants. I told her we would have to come back with snow pants and boots, and a coat. So... several hours later.... we were back with the proper attire, and many friends for Mya to play with.

Please note, I did NOT want the photos in this order. I can't seem to move them around at this point. Sometimes Blogger is difficult to work with.


Fashionable, right?
Me and my Mom. She's always there to help me out with whatever crazy idea I have. This was one of them. :)
It was really COLD! I was trying to not show that I was FREEZING.
I had this GREAT idea to wear my dress and take pictures in the snow. Had it been fake snow, I would have lasted longer. The pictures just aren't the same when your bundled up in warm clothing.
Aunt Lisa beginning the dress making. Mya was by her side as much as possible.
Cutting out the patterns.
Laying them just so...
Making sure the pattern will be large enough.
Lisa took this beautiful picture. It is a creek just down the road from our house.
It was a sunny day, and looked warm out. We walked a bit and had to turn back to get bundled up. Then, we went out again. It was well worth it! Fresh air!!!!
Matt got this shirt for free awhile ago. Mya wanted it. She doesn't mind that she is practically eaten by it.
Emily and Lisa doing the packing poppers.
Emily giving loves.
My little one loves to feed people. Her aunt was no exception.
Fun moments with the grand-daughters. Emily is happy, just very tired.
My precious gifts from above.
They are truly enjoying the company!



3 comments:

matt and christy said...

love all the pics! you are a brave soul in the snow in your dress, you must have been freezing! beautiful non the less!

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

I will charish many of the memories of mine and Aunt Lisa's visit with you, Matt and the girls. We had such a great time.

Lisa said...

What a wonderful trip to New York. I had an awesome time with your whole family. Such a blessing to experience life with you all for a week!